Apart from being a breath-taking tourist attraction and offering luxurious living standards, Dubai offers exceptional educational opportunities and a promising future with the best educational institutions in the city. Here is one of the best Indian international schools that offers a great education in their primary school.
The Global Indian International School (GIIS) is an established Indian international school in Dubai that has recently moved its campus to Al Meydan. It has state-of-the-art technological facilities and smart classrooms for maximum teaching efficiency. The school aims to transform the children into the global leaders of tomorrow and for the organization itself to become the global role models for education.
PRIMARY SCHOOL: The school follows the Montessori method of education for KG1 and KG2 students, which discourages some conventional measures of achievement, such as grades and tests and initiates learning in a sufficiently supportive and well-prepared learning environment. This Montessori school aims at accelerating basic literacy skills with a special emphasis on excellence. During the primary schooling years, the school encourages holistic development while empowering children to take increased ownership of what they are learning. They assimilate children's interests into the curriculum and provide opportunities and chances for them to exhibit their talents. Through service projects and field trips (extracurricular, co-curricular activities, and after-school activities), they encourage the children to become engaged in the local community and strengthen them for the world at large.
5 PILLARS OF GMP:
● Excelerate Programme- This international school in Dubai has expert facilitators which focus on building the remarkable elementary level skills of students like literacy, numeracy, and language fluency.
● Multi faceted learning- They offer the best learning methodology called Thematic learning wherein each students’ talent is recognized and moulded accordingly.
● iPlay Programme- This Montessori curriculum is well-designed incorporating the best of learning for students. The teachers who are experts in childcare encourage students to participate and interact with fellow students to build their physical and mental capabilities.
● iCare Programme- In this unique curriculum- Global Montessori Plus Program teaches students care towards the environment and community. Students working in unison help them to develop excellent social and emotional attributes through their participation in activities like green initiatives, charity drives, community interactions, and more.
● Future Ready Programme- Technology being at the forefront of the top Montessori preschool, GIIS prepares the foundation for NxtGen learning at a young age for learners. The exemplary GMP program gives hands-on experience to students in STEAM-related subjects that include; Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Maths.
BRIDGE PROGRAMME: The Bridge Programme for students is an important feature that allows the students to join the course at any time during the year and catch up with the syllabus so that they are not left behind. The school makes sure that those students get as much attention and help as they need and the teachers are extremely cooperative and helpful. This particular programme is not only for primary school students but also for secondary and high school students. This programme makes sure that the students don’t have to waste a year of their lives in case of a sudden move or if they need to change their school in the middle of a session.
FEE STRUCTURE: A three-term academic year system is followed at GIIS Dubai. Parents are required to pay the fees at the beginning of each term, three times a year. There is a certain set of fees that need to be paid at the beginning of each term throughout the year. Here is a list of international school fees in Dubai GIIS that you will pay every term:
● Resource fee
● Technology fee
● Tuition fee
● Activity fee
● Student Activity fee
● School event fee
Apart from that, if you choose transportation provided for the students by the school an additional amount is added and that is paid along with the fee that you pay every four months. The fees for the primary school students range from 18,000 AED to 21,000 AED annually.
GIIS Dubai offers various scholarships to students such as Global Citizen Scholarship, GIIS Sports Scholarship, 9GEMS Scholarship, Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam Global Skills Scholarship, Zayed Gandhi Merit-cum-Means Scholarship, and Global FUTURE-READY Merit Scholarship.
GIIS is one of the best Indian international schools that offer amazing educational opportunities in Primary school. This school makes sure that there is maximum involvement of the parents in the students’ development and growth. We hope that this article will help you in making the right choice.